The current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic presents us as a community of believers with new challenges as we carry out our major responsibility of protecting all, especially participants of our gatherings. To guide this process, we at ICCH have developed a hygiene and safety concept, based on the guidelines established by the Archdiocese of Freiburg. Below is a summary of the most important aspects which is worthy of note before partaking in our Masses:
- Pre-registration for Mass is required and can be carried out by visiting this link.
- There are designated markings (pathways and seating arrangements) in the church which have to be respected at all times. A minimum distance of 2m should be maintained between individuals or families.
- Disinfect your hands at the entrance where hand disinfectant has been made available.
- The wearing of nose masks is encouraged when moving around. Once seated, however, it is not obligatory.
- Singing by the congregation during Mass is strictly prohibited.
- Giving the sign of peace by physical contact should be avoided
- Holy Communion will be received on the hand only.
- Most importantly, please do not come to church if you are feeling unwell, are showing symptoms of a respiratory infection or having a fever or have had contact with a confirmed COVID-infected person in the last 14 days.
We kindly ask that you adhere strictly to these regulations to make the celebration of Mass a safe event for all involved.