The current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic presents us as a community of believers with new challenges as we carry out our major responsibility of protecting all, especially participants of our gatherings. To guide this process, we at ICCH have developed a hygiene and safety concept, based on the guidelines established by the Archdiocese of Freiburg. Below is a summary of the most important aspects which is worthy of note before partaking in our Masses:
- Pre-registration for Mass is required and can be carried out by visiting this link. This helps us to keep track of expected congregants so as not to exceed the maximum number that enables a safe distance to be kept.
- All congregants are required to fill out contact forms at the entrance for the purpose of contact tracing. This information will be kept for a period of 4 weeks, after which the data will be diposed securely.
- There are designated markings (pathways and seating arrangements) in the church which have to be respected at all times. A minimum distance of 2m should be maintained between individuals or families.
- Disinfect your hands at the entrance where hand disinfectant has been made available.
- The wearing of medical nose masks is obligatory at all times.
- Singing by the congregation during Mass is strictly prohibited.
- Giving the sign of peace by physical contact should be avoided
- Holy Communion will be received on the hand only.
- Most importantly, please do not come to church if you are feeling unwell, are showing symptoms of a respiratory infection or having a fever or have had contact with a confirmed COVID-infected person in the last 14 days.
We kindly ask that you adhere strictly to these regulations to make the celebration of Mass a safe event for all involved.